Question
Posted by: Leanne | 2011/07/19

Weight Loss

Good day

I have to lose 12 kg, I went on a soup diet and lost 6 kg in 5 days. I still have to lose 12 and would like to get a healthy eating plan not just for myself but my whole family. I am 35 years, I weighed 86kg and currently on 81 and was told that I need to be between 64-74 is this true and how can I lose the rest or should I stick to the soup?

Please help

Dear Leanne
I cannot alas work out how much you need to weigh, because I don't have your height in meters? I am glad for your sake that you have lost those 6 kg, despite the fact that the soup diet is not really a balanced approach to weightloss. So don't try and lose 12 kg with such an unbalanced diet. To lose weight you need to basically change your lifestyle. Reduce your energy intake by eating an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'DietnFood' at the top of this page, then on 'Healthy Diets' and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet). This type of diet is suitable for the whole family. Combine the diet with an increase in your energy output by doing regular exercise for 30 min a day (e.g. running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life- select the type of exercise you can do and enjoy most).

3

Dear Leanne

Posted by: Lee | 2011/07/19

Hi Leanne
If youve been on a soup diet, expect to gain a bit of that weight back when you start eating normally again. This is a fad diet and one always picks some up again. It also messes with your meatabolism. Rather eat a balanced diet of fat-free or low fat protein, low gi and lots of fruit and veg and lose weight gradually. I also need to weigh about 74 kgs and have 16 to go. Walk briskly as much as possible - 30+minutes a day.
Good luck.

Reply to Lee
Posted by: Babes | 2011/07/19

Hi Leanne

Which soup diet are you on?

Reply to Babes