Question
Posted by: Charmaine Hill | 2011/04/20

Weight loss

daughter aged 21 cannot lose weight - vegetarian - needs to lose about 8 kg no amount of excercise and healthy eating works ! Should I take her to a dietician ? Can you recommend one in East London ?

Dear Charmaine
If your 21-year-old daughter is struggling to lose weight despite doing exercise and eating a healthy vegetarian diet, then it would probably be a good idea for her to see a registered dietitian. For ethical reasons, I cannot refer you directly, but if visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: www.adsa.org.za and click on "Find a Dietitian" you should be able to find a dietitian in East London.

1

Dear Charmaine