Question
Posted by: Silke Wiggins | 2011-04-01

Weight Loss

Would like to loose 20kg. BMI is 35. Had a kisney transplant 8 June 2010. Am on all sorts of medication. Steroids, cortisone, anti viral and anti bacterial and Tactrulimus. Sorry about the spelling..could you pls help with a diet. i am 1.60 m tall and a small frame.
Rgds
Silke

Dear Silke
I am sorry to hear that you had a kidney transplant and have to take so many different types of medications, some of which may cause weight gain or hamper weight loss. Because of the transplant, it is vital that you consult a registered dietitian (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: www.adsa.org.za and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area). I am actually surprised that you are not already under the care of a registered dietitian because post-transplant patients need to eat a special diet so as not to put stress on the kidney. The dietitian will have to work out a diet that takes all your special needs and factors into account - this is not something I can do for you over the Internet.
So please contact a dietitian ASAP.

1
Posted by: DietDoc | 2011-04-02

Dear Silke
So please contact a dietitian ASAP.