Question
Posted by: Wilma | 2011/03/25

Weight loss

I am a young woman of 1.76m. I weigh 81kg. I used to do ballet and I used to be very thin. I still maintain a healthy diet consisting mainly of protein and vegetables but I no longer have the time to exercise as much as i used to and I just cannot seem to lose the weight. I''ve been on countless diet and exercise programmes. Help! I find myself looking in the mirror and bursting into tears.

Dear Wilma
Your present BMI = 26,1 which is just above the upper level of the normal range (18-25). I would suggest that you try to start exercising again. It is not necessary to go to a gym, all you need do is to buy a skipping rope and start skipping for at least 30 min a day (10 min in the morning, afternoon and evening), whenever you get a chance. Combine the exercise with your diet making sure that you do not eat a lot of fat and I am sure you will be able to lose weight. Click on 'DietnFood' at the top of this page, then on 'Healthy Diets' and select one of the slimming diets to use in conjunction with your exercise programme. If you can get back to an ideal BMI of 22, for which you would need to weigh 68 kg (thus a loss of 13 kg), then you will look slim and beautiful again. But you will need to stick to your diet and exercise as faithfully as you stuck to your ballet and then you will see the results. Do not chop and change between diets as this can have a negative effect on your metabolism.

3
Posted by: nthbza | 2011/03/30

i want a timetable on what to eat in order to lose weight.a week table that includes breakfast, lunch and dinner

Reply to nthbza
Posted by: Andbuss | 2011/03/29

Wilma, I am not trying to challenge Dietdoc, but I for one, do not enjoy skipping or running for cardio exercise. I use a spin bike for that, but I also combine cardio with mild resistance training. If you look at magazines like Fitness, Women''s health and/or Shape, you will see many exercises that I would call mild resistance traning. Those types of training speed up your metabolism, build slim shapely musches and helps tremendously with weight loss (in my expreience). You normally dont have to spend a lot of money on equipment as most of these exercises make use of body weight. Give it a try (15 min a day, 3 days a week), I am sure you will see a difference :)

Reply to Andbuss

Dear Wilma