Question
Posted by: rashree | 2011/03/08

weight loss

i never loose weight, i am hypertensive &  anaemic and also lack B12 exercise often &  may loose centimeters but not kgs
I also did thyroid tests , results were normal.please advise

Dear Rashree
Because you have multiple health conditions (hypertension, overweight, anaemia, vit B12 deficiency), I would urge you to consult a registered dietitian (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: www.adsa.org.za and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area). The dietitian will have to provide you with an individual diet that helps you to lose weight, and also helps to counteract your hypertension, anaemia and vit B12 deficiency. In the meanwhile click on 'Diet'nFood' at the top of this page and then on 'Food as medicine' and 'Hypertension',and read about the DASH Diet which was developed in the USA to lower bp. This diet is high in calcium and low in sodium which should lower your bp and it is also low in fat, so it should assist with weightloss. It is excellent that you do regular exercise which you can combine with the slimming diet the dietitian will provide for you to achieve weightloss.

1

Dear Rashree