Question
Posted by: Amy | 2011-02-22

weight-loss

I started going to the gym very often (sometimes twice a day) and following a low GI lifestyle from January (new years resolutions  ) ).

The problem is, I''m getting married in less than a month and even though I''ve lost body fat and cm''s I didn''t lose any weight. And my clothes are still tight and not as loose as I would like them to be.

I''ve stopped doing weight training and I''m just doing cardio at the moment. I''ve considered taking diet pills, but I haven''t seen anything on the market that actually works??

I only have about 5 kilo''s to loose? What should I do??

PLEASE help, as time is running out!

Amy

Dear Amy
Congratulations on your upcoming wedding. You are a **star** that you have changed to a low-GI lifestyle and are doing so much exercise (just don't exhaust yourself before the Great Day). You have proof that you have lost fat, no matter if your weight has now changed. That is probably due to you developing muscle tissue which ironically weighs more than fat tissue. Stick to your cardio exercises (the weight training may be bulking your muscles and making your clothes fit less loosely than you desire) and cut down on your fat intake (you save 37 kJ for every gram of fat you don't eat!), but don't take diet pills because they can have very negative side-effects and could ruin your wedding. Also stop stressing because when you stress you produce a lot of cortisol which causes water retention which makes you weigh more.
So eat less fat, do your cardio and look forward to your wedding which I hope will be wonderful.

1
Posted by: DietDoc | 2011-02-22

Dear Amy