Question
Posted by: Linda | 2011/02/18

weight loss

I have done a complete overhaul to my lifestyle ,i started on monday this week,i currently weigh 79kg and i spoke to my doc and she siad my ideal weight should be 65kg,i work out 30-40minutes a day ,eat muesli with fat free milk in the mrning ,have a salad for lunch and cooked veggies and chicken or fish for dinner ,i snack on provitas and green appels or nectarines ,i just want to find out ,how much weight will i probably lose in one week ,ive set a goal that i should reach my goal weight in 13 weeks ,probably at the end of april or begining of may,is that possible? and if you can please give me tips or is there anything im doing wrong,mty weight demotivates me at the moment ?

Dear Linda
It is good to hear that you have decided to overhaul your lifestyle and are eating a low-fat, energy-reduce diet and doing exercise. With this combination of a diet and daily exercise you should lose about 1 kg per week, thus to lose the 14 kg you will need 14 weeks (i.e. end of June 2011). Don't try to lose weight too fast, because this can lead to you regaining all the weight you lose when you stop eating the strict diet. Please add at least 2 servings of fat-free milk or yoghurt (2 x 1 cup) to you diet to prevent a calcium deficiency. A diet rich in calcium also promotes weightloss. Click on 'Diet'n Food' at the top of this page and read the 'Weight loss' section which gives good advice on how to stick to your diet and exercise schedule.
Keep up the good work

1

Dear Linda
Keep up the good work