Question
Posted by: Cindy Mc Grellis | 2011/02/09

Weight Loss

I have been trying since I had my first child to loss weight and no matter what diet I try I can''t seem to loss more that a few kilos.

I am now interested in trying out Sibutrex or/and Xenical. Not sure if it will work for me as nothing else has. Can I take them together or should I only take one at a time?

Kind regards
Cindy

Dear Cindy
It is indeed a problem that some women struggle to lose the weight they gain during pregnancy. I have not as yet heard that Sibutrex is sold in SA, but I am aware that it is a sibutramine-containing slimming medication. I would not recommend the use of multiple slimming pills at any one time. It would be advisable to also discuss the use of both these slimming pills with your medical dr. In SA, slimming pills containing sibutramine must be prescribed by a medical dr who needs to do a medical examination to determine if you are free of high blood pressure and circulatory problems. Xenical which prevents the uptake of fats from the diet and has to be used together with a very-low-fat diet also needs to be prescribed by a doctor, so discuss both medications with your dr and try them one by one. Always keep in mind that any slimming pills also needs to be used with a low-fat, energy-reduced diet and regular exercise for at least 30 min a day.

1

Dear Cindy