Question
Posted by: Sidney | 2011-01-19

Weight Loss

Whats the best excersize to lose weight ..I heard running on the treadmil or outside is good ,but what will give you the best results?

Hi Sidney

At the risk of being simplistic, the best one is the one that you'll do. If I said to run, but you hated running, then it won't work. If you love to cycle, then it will be better. If you love swimming, then that's the best, even though per minute, it might not be most effective.

The key is consistency and frequency of training. To lose weight, you need to exercise four or five days a week, or more, and you need 45 minutes a day on average. That's not something you do if you don't enjoy it. So the most important thing is to enjoy training and then just do it. Then it doesn't really matter - 45 minutes a day of exercise is maybe 600 to 800 kCal per day, and if you then eat properly, you'll lose weight.

1
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2011-01-21

Hi Sidney

Reply to fitnessdoc