Question
Posted by: Debrah | 2011/01/18

Weight loss

I seriously need to lose weight FAST and would like to know what is the best way to do so. How safe is diet pills? I don''t have much time for exercise. Please help!

Dear Debrah
I am not in favour of diet pills and potions because they all cause negative side-effects and many of the over-the-counter slimming pills do not assist with weightloss and are a waste of money. To lose weight you need to basically change your lifestyle. Reduce your energy intake by eating an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'DietnFood' at the top of this page, then on 'Healthy Diets' and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), and increase your energy output by doing regular exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life) for at least 30 min a day. You could for example, buy a skipping rope and skip for 15 min every morning and evening. While you are on the ‘DietnFood’ site, read about every aspect of slimming (the dangers of diet pills, slimming aids, psychological aspects of slimming, etc) by also checking out the ‘Weight Loss’ section and exploring the site.

1

Dear Debrah