Question
Posted by: Bidmamma | 2010/10/29

Weight loss

Good day,
I’ m currently on a diet and for a week I’ m trying to cut out sugars and carbohydrates! I’ m feeling really good at the moment, but its time I’ m worried about! I’ ve got a party in December and want to lose weight before then, what type of medicine can I use to get my metabolism faster and loose more weight easer. I know it wont be easy and fast but there must be something to get me started! I thought about simply slim, but i know its bad for you. Please help me! Im trying to lose 8 to 9kg, thats all!!!

Dear Bidmamma
To lose weight you need to basically change your lifestyle. Reduce your energy intake by eating an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'DietnFood' at the top of this page, then on 'Healthy Diets' and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), and increase your energy output by doing regular exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life). While you are on the ‘DietnFood’ site, read about every aspect of slimming (the dangers of diet pills, slimming aids, psychological aspects of slimming, etc) by also checking out the ‘Weight Loss’ section and exploring the site. The best stimulant for a sluggish metabolism is doing one of the exercises listed above for at least 30 min a day. All the pills and potions that you can buy at chemist and health shops don't really do the job and can be very harmful. You should lose between 0,5 and 1 kg per week on the above mentioned combination of diet and exercise, thus the 9 kg would be possible before Christmas.

1

Dear Bidmamma