Question
Posted by: Delemma | 2010/10/25

weight loss

i am following a low gi, low fat diet and the weight loss is very slow. I exercise everyday, by cycling and weekends i do a 5km walk and jog. I started in late august and to date have only managed to loose 4kg.

what am i doing wrong. I am eating my all Bran flakes for b/fast, low gi bread with mozarella cheese or tuna for lunch and veggies and 1 protein for supper. Please tell me what am I doing wrong? Please help because I feel like giving up. I am 1.58 and currently weigh 76kg. my starting weight was 80.3kg.

Please help

Dear Delemma
If you received your low-GI, low-fat diet from a dietitian then please contact her/him again and discuss this problem that you are losing weight so slowly. The dietitian may be able to adjust your energy intake to induce improved weightloss. If this does not help then it may be a good idea to consult an Endocrinologist (a medical dr who specialises in hormonal imbalances) to check if you suffer from thyroid, insulin or female hormone imbalances (PCOS) and to prescribe appropriate treatments.
Holding thumbs that you can start losing weight more steadily.

1

Dear Delemma