Question
Posted by: Ivy | 2010/08/18

Weight loss

I am 29 and have been more active the last 18 months than ever before in my life. I have restricted my diet, used fat burners, cut out carbs, followed healthy 6meal eating plans but I can not get the weight off. I am 1.88m and want to lose about 8kg''s. What am I doing wrong?

Dear Ivy
You don't list your present weight in kg, so I can't work out if you are actually overweight and by how much. If you are so very tall (1.88 m) you need to weigh 77 kg to achieve an ideal BMI of 22. If you weigh more than 88 kg (BMI of 25) then losing some weight would be beneficial. I can only suggest if you are really overweight and none of the attempt you list above have produced any weightloss, that you consult an Endocrinologist (dr who specialises in hormone imbalances- ask your gp to refer you) who will conduct tests to see if you have a hormone imbalances that is preventing you from losing weight.

2
Posted by: Ivy | 2010/08/19

Hi Doc,

My current weight is 73, which is also the most I have ever weighed. I used to be 66-68kg. So yes I know I am a bit under the recommended weight but I would like to be back at that weight. And it frustrates me because I used to eat anything (Because I love food-any food) so now that I am restricting my meals or food in an effort too lose the weight nothing is happening. But thank you for the advise. I will be sure to get to the specialist as mentioned.

Reply to Ivy

Dear Ivy