Question
Posted by: T | 2010/05/19

Weight Loss

I have lost 11kg since November last year, but have gained 3kg in the last 3month. I have followed the SureSlim diet.

The consultant at SureSlim indicated that I still loose body fat but retain water.

I have been on anti-histamine medication (I assume it contains cortisone) for the past 3month. Is there a possibility that the cortisone led to water retention?

T

Dear T
Congratulations on losing those 11 kg - you are a **star**! You don't mention what medication you were taking, so I can't check if that specific drug causes water retention! Antihistamines generally don't contain cortisone and according to my copy of MIMS, water retention is not one of their listed side-effects. If you did take a cortisone then water retention can occur, but in the absence of the product's name I cannot judge.

5
Posted by: T | 2010/05/25

Hi Magda.

Thanks so much for the feedback!

I really appreciate it!

Reply to T
Posted by: RD Magda Pieters | 2010/05/20

Find a QUALIFIED Registered Dietician close to you on the ADSA (Association of Dietetics) website.. click on " find a Dietician" ... the best part: MOST MEDICAL AIDS PAYfot consulting a RD, because they are Registered Medical Professionals.

Reply to RD Magda Pieters

Sureslim is a very low Kj diet. Whenever people follow these kind of diets, they lose fat, lean muscle tissue,water end bone mass.. and as soon as they go back to " normal"  eating, they gain fat again.
go to a REGISTERED DIETICIAN RD(SA) to get the correct personal diet for your body, and lifestyle. Avoid crash diets (like Sure slim!) ..my motto is: if you look at a diet.. ask yourself if you can eat this way FOR EVER ... if the answer is NO, don''t do it!! Permanent weight-loss need a sustained, permanent, easy-to-live-with change in you eating habits. go to a trained specialist..who studies 5 years to give a scientific diet...not a money-making " one size fits all"  diet group.. it does NOT pay off in the long run. you gained FAT- that''s it...not water-retention!

Reply to RD Magda Pieters
Posted by: T | 2010/05/20

I took Zurtec

Reply to T

Dear T