Question
Posted by: Preneshen | 2010/01/14

Weight Loss

Hi there,

I am in desperate need of loosing 14kgs in 3months as I am getting married this year June.

1. is the above possible?
2. How do I go about doing this?
3. Can you recommend a meal, exercise plan and maybe possible supplements I could take for rapid weight loss?

Thanks.
Regards,
Preneshen

Dear Preneshen
Congratulations on your upcoming wedding. If you use an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss', ‘Balanced diet’ and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), and increase your energy output by doing regular exercise for at least 30 minutes a day (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life), then you should lose between 0,5 and 1 kg per week. 3 months equals approx. 13 weeks, so you should be able to lose this amount of weight in time for the wedding. Do not fall into the trap of trying to lose the weight too rapidly as this can make you regain everything you have lost and more, once you stop using a slimming diet. Slower weightloss combined with exercise will also give you a firmer appearance (which will be important for your wedding day). You can consider using Reductil or Ciplatrim to reduce your appetite, but you will need to discuss this with your gp because these products require a prescription. Do not waste you money on over-the-counter slimming pills and potions - they usually don't deliver the desired result.
Wishing you a beautiful wedding day

1

Dear Preneshen
Wishing you a beautiful wedding day