Question
Posted by: Tammy | 2009/10/23

WEIGHT LOSS

How much calories should women take in everyday. I am 31 yrs old, I weigh 78kg and am 1.6 in height. I am currently using duromine and eating healthy. For example if the calorie intake is 1500 and I only take in 1000calories per day will I still be able to loose weight? I have lost 2kg since the 05/10 being on duromine and I am just scared that I am not eating enough during the day. Please advise. And thank you for all time that you take to answer all our questions. You are a GREAT HELP!!!

Dear Tammy
Thank you for your kind words - I really appreciate them. Your present BMI = 30,5 which is high and some weightloss would be beneficial. The general recommendation is that adult women who wish to lose weight should ingest 1500 kcal per day. Reducing your energy intake to lower levels (like 1000 kcal per day) may signal to your body that you are in 'starvation mode', which then leads to your body shutting down its weightloss systems. Try to have the 1500 kcal as recommended and if possible so some aerobic or cardio exercise (brisk walks or skipping) for 30 min a day to stimulate your metabolism and promote weightloss.
Good luck with the weightloss

1

Dear Tammy
Good luck with the weightloss