Question
Posted by: Michelle | 2009/10/19

weight loss

I am 22 years old and currently studying. I am 1.6 m and weigh 48 kg. I enjoy excercising and healthy eating. I also recently joined the gym. My problem is that I just sometimes cannot stop eating, as in, over eating and I don' t know how to control it. I eat three decent meals a day and eat fruit and yoghurt in between normally. I would just like to know how to control it?

As well as...Summer' son it' s way and like most girls, feeling confident in a bikini is key...I jog, do sit-ups etc, but I seem to have what I call a little " gadoompy" ...a lil bbit of a muffin top..andit' s not going away, so I' m wondering if I' m eating wrong? And what I can eat to help me get toned and glowing on the beach.... Also, how do I get rid of love handles? I do weights where you bend over to one side, but doesn' t seem to work.

Thank you very much

Kind regards

Dear Michelle
Seeing that your present BMI = 18,8 which is close to the anorexic level, you certainly don't need to lose additional weight. In fact it would be a good idea to gain 3 or 4 kg to get you lose to an ideal BMI of 22. By all means eat when you are hungry - this is your body telling you that you need additional energy, esp for all the exercise you are doing. Then have a sensible look at yourself and answer the question: "Do I see myself as skin and bone? or as fat?" If you answer "fat" then you may be in danger of developing an eating disorder. So relish the idea that you are slim and trim and young and attractive and enjoy your summer bikini and all!
The best glow comes from within - being happy and proud of your youthful body!

1

Dear Michelle