Question
Posted by: Trace | 2009-09-07

Weight loss

With spring in the air, I am more motivated now to lose some kgs and fit into my summer costume!. I am 1.61m and weigh 61kgs. I would really like to lose 5kgs (I have been 56kgs before and know this is a healthy weight for me). Is it possible, given what I have to lose, that I can achieve a 0.5kg -1kg loss per week? I am also planning on exercise for 30min 4 x per week. I would also like to follow your simple, healthy eating plan (no fad diets) on this website. Is my goal achievable?

Dear Trace
Your present BMI = 23,6, which is already pretty close to ideal. If you reduce down to 57 kg you would have an ideal BMI! Your plan of action is excellent - try the energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss', ‘Balanced diet’ and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet) in combination with your regular exercise. You should lose 0,5 to 1 kg per week on this type of regimen.
Enjoy the summer