Posted by: Faye | 2009-03-30

Weight Loss

I need to lose 5kg, i have started walking on the treadmill for 20 minutes a day, i have cereal and fruit for breakfast,protein and salad on low gi bread for lunch,protein and salad for supper, some days a chocolate before supper, i drink 2 litres of water a day, will this alow me to lose weight, i aslo take 50mg of eltroxin daily and cheat abit on the weekend?

Dear Faye
You should lose weight on the diet you describe provided that your protein portions are not too large, that you stick to one chocolate not a slab and don't cheat so much over weekends that you undo the whole week's good work. Your diet is deficient in calcium if you don't have any fat-free milk, yoghurt or cottage cheese on a daily basis - you need at least 3 servings to provide the 1200 mg of calcium a day that a woman needs. Don't overdo you water intake as this can be counterproductive. Adults require 2,5 litres of LIQUID a day, which includes all the drinks you have including coffee, tea, cold drinks, fruit juice, and water.
Good luck with the regimen