Posted by: Candice | 2009-01-12

weight loss

I have an underactive thyroid and am taking eltroxn daily i am battling to lose weight, is there any tablet i can take in conjunction with healthy eating and exercising to help speed up the weight loss, i need to lose 8 KG.

Dear Candice
I am personally not in favour of the use of over-the-counter slimming tablets because they cost a lot of money, don't deliver the desired result and often cause more harm than good (for example dehydration or diarrhoea or addiction). Rather lose weight sensibly with your diet and exercise - it costs less and is less dangerous. The exercise is particularly important because daily aerobic exercise (skipping, swimming, cycling, jogging, brisk walking) for 30 min or more will stimulate your sluggish metabolism.