Posted by: Lisa | 2008-11-06

i would like to know how to loose a few kilos (5-8) i am currently 58 and am 23, small build so i look very chubby. i would also like to know how to get rid of cellulite and tone my body too. i do not have money so can not buy all these expensive things. i love my rice and potatoes not much of a meat eater though, except for Pork, can you help me.

Dear Lisa
You don't mention your height in metres so that I can calculate your BMI to see if you are overweight and to what extent. As I just mentioned to Sharon below, weightloss requires that you reduce your energy intake by eating an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss', ‘Balanced diet’ and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), and increasing your energy output by doing regular exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life). This type of regimen should result in a loss of about 1 kg per week. As regards cellulite, no one actually knows what causes cellulite, but there is a theory that it is due to disruption of the deeper layers of the skin which then become infiltrated with fat. I have written an article on cellulite which you can access by clicking on 'Diet' at the top of this page and then on 'DietDoc's articles and reading article 137 "The Lowdown on Cellulite". You can also try targeted exercises for those problem areas, but it is important to persevere. There are also certain products that also help for cellulite. You can contact Lilian Terry International at (021) 361-2606 and ask about their Cellulito Aromeopathic Complexes. Body brushing may help, but there is not much scientific evidence about the effectiveness of this method.
Hope you can shed the cellulite