Question
Posted by: olive | 2008/09/22

weight loss

Hi, I drank chinese green tea and lost 5kg. Is chinese green tea safe?

Dear Olive
Green tea as such has been identified as a potential aid to weightloss. I am not sure if the product you used (Chinese green tea) contained any other ingredients except green tea (for example herbal laxatives or diuretics) that can be potentially harmful. If you suffered from diarrhoea all the time while drinking this tea then it is potentially harmful because it will lead to loss of normal bowel function, nutrient deficiencies and dehydration.