Question
Posted by: sister B | 2008/08/01

weight loss

My weight is 110kg and I`m 1.65m tall.I was 90kg before being pregnant in 2006.It has being a problem loosing the weight.Pls help!

Dear Sister B
Your present BMI of 40 is very, very high and it is essential that you should try to start losing weight before this affects your health. Just to get out of the obese range you would need to lose 31 kg. This is a great deal of weight to have to lose, so I would recommend that you discuss the use of Xenical with your medical dr. Xenical is a real fat-trapper that prevents you from absorbing fat from what you eat. Xenical is, however expensive so it would help if your dr could motivate for this medication to be paid for by your medical aid. You would use the Xenical with a very-low-fat-diet and this will help you to start losing. So see if you can get Xenical prescribed for your condition. As you start losing weight and become more mobile, combine the diet and the medication with daily exercise such as going for walks - increase how rapidly and far you walk as you get fitter. If none of these approaches succeed then you may have to consider bariatric surgery for a stomach bypass to stop this weight gain. Contact Jana Derksen at the Call Centre for the Netcare Bariatric Centres of Excellence on 0861-623-7489 or contact her at: jana@pharmacallcc.com or call her on her cell phone at: 072-373-0155 or visit their Website at www.netcare.co.za Jana will advise you of your nearest centre where you can have such an op.
Holding thumbs that you can find a way to lose that weight.