Question
Posted by: Ina Oosthuizen | 2010-06-03

Weight lose

I decided about a month ago that I am tired of being overweigth , I bought tablets to speed up my metabolism ? And started going to gym 3 times a week, I do weight training and play squash once a week. I do not eat sugar and cut out all the things I used to like to eat like crisps, I spoil myself no and again where I wll have some " Flings" because it is baked not fried. I do not binch or comfort eat.
Ok after doing all this I have not drop a gram, not lost any centimetres and are very " depressed" and believe me I do not get depressed. HELP please.

Dear Ina
I am glad to hear that you have turned over a new leaf and are eating a healthier diet. I doubt if the tablets to speed up your metabolism will make much difference to weightloss, but the exercise you are doing like playing squash will help. There are a number of possible reasons why you have not yet lost weight: 1) Despite cutting our crisps and sugar your total daily energy intake may still be higher than 6300 kJ (the recommended energy intake for adult women who are slimming), 2) You are doing mainly exercise with weights which will firm, tone and build your muscles but not use of as much energy as cardio exercise (e.g. squash, jogging, brisk walking, skipping, cycling, rowing, etc), 3) You may be building muscle tissue that weighs more than fat tissue, so although you may have lost mass, your weight stays the same. I would recommend that you click on 'DietnFood' at the top of this page and then on Weightloss' and select one of the slimming diets which should cause weightloss. Also concentrate on doing more cardio exercise, rather than working with weights. Reducing your fat intake (37 kJ per gram) will encourage weightloss, so although these 'Flings' are not fried, they still contain a lot of fat and may be hampering weightloss.
I hope you start losing now

1
Posted by: DietDoc | 2010-06-03

Dear Ina
I hope you start losing now