Question
Posted by: TSO | 2010-11-05

Weight less

Was on nuristrate injection birth control and had to leave it because of frustating weight gain, now I have switched to Yasmin, will it help to maintain the projected weight loss or will it take time for me to revert to normal weight?

Dear TSO
The way in which individual women react to female hormone treatment (birth control pills and injections, hormone replacement therapy, etc) is a very individual reaction. Some women will gain weight and others will lose weight and each product can have different effects in the same patient. You will, therefore, have to give your body a chance to adjust to Yasmin to see how this birth control product affects your metabolism. The human body cannot be hurried and I think it can take quite a while for the new treatment to show an effect. In the meanwhile, use an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'DietnFood' at the top of this page, then on 'Healthy Diets' and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), and increase your energy output by doing regular exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life) for 30 or more minutes a day to lose weight.

1
Posted by: DietDoc | 2010-11-05

Dear TSO