Posted by: belinda | 2012-04-25

weight issues

Hi, I have been overweight my whole life, about 5 years ago I just got tired of people''s comments and stoped eating,as I got obsessed with how I look. I only ate once a day a small portion of food. After geting some health problems I was able to comit in eating at least 3-4 times a day, however at nights I am becoming my old self and over eating! I am slightly still overweight and need to loose 5kg''s in order to get to my ideal weight, but it seems inpossible as the only thing I think and obsess about lately is food, and I know that''s wrong, and once I eat I feel so guilty, considering to turn to bad habits! could you please advise in what actions I can take?

Expert ImageEating Disorders Expert

Hello Belinda,
I ctainly hope that you are not considering returning to eating one daily. In fact, you should eat fairly regularly to allow your body to be sufficiently nourished and keep you blood sugar stable. Eat three meals and small snacks in between. Night binge-eating is quite common, as it's usually at night that feelings are loaded and surfacing without distraction. If ynare only 5 kilograms from your ideal weight, then I very much doubt that you are overweight and NEEDING to lose weight. You might be predisposed to be a little heavier that your ideal weight for height, so considering just ceasing the battle with your body and accepting where your weight is now. Should you eat regularly and moderately and exercise moderately, then your weight and shape will go to where it wants to. Please trust your body.