Question
Posted by: Diane K | 2011/10/19

Weight issues

Hi diet doc

I lost some weight about 7 kilos and am at my goal weight bt im so obsessed i still fill fat and yuck..I weigh 58kgs now iM 1.64 m..I want to go down to 56kgs i feel if i do so ill feel fine..but everyone telling me i look great but im nnot convinced..what do i do?

Dear Diane
Congratulations on losing those 7 kg! That was well done and now your BMI = 21,6 which is ideal. Trying to force your body to lose another 2 kg (BMI = 20,8) can put strain on your health and may just tip you towards an eating disorder. It would be a pity if you have achieved your goal so well, and now want to push on and when you reach 56 kg you may still feel fat and yuck, and then when you reach 54 kg and the underweight range you may want to try to go even lower - that is the slippery slope of anorexia - something you don't want to get involved with.
Give yourself a big pat on the back and ENJOY your lovely new figure.

3
Posted by: dIANE | 2011/10/19

Thanks for your post..
I guess its all in the mind hey, I just need to stp thinking like a fat person. I have been fat all my life so its very hard to belive ive gotten to a point whwere others would consider a good healthy weight..I ll try stop listening to those ugly voices in my head. Congratulations on ur pregnancy.im sure youll be back to 58 in no time

Reply to dIANE
Posted by: Makayla | 2011/10/19

Girl you are crazy! last year i was exactly the same as you, exact weight but i wanted to get down to 55kg and i lost about 11kgs to get to 58 and also thought i looked fat still and felt fat but when i look back at photos and videos i can''t believe how skinny i was!! Its our brains that still are thinking we are the same size. Since then i''m 6 months pregnant and have gained alot of weight up to 77kgs now and would kill to be 58kg again!! so i''m sure you look good, just don''t listen to that stupid voice in your head. I''m the same height as you too :)

good luck

Reply to Makayla

Dear Diane