Question
Posted by: TB | 2010-06-29

Weight issues

I am trying to lose weight and eat healthy. What plan can I go on and how can I incorporate it into my family life. I have tried a diet a few months ago which helped but my doctor said it was not a good diet as a few people have died in the UK. Please help.

Dear TB
You can try using an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss', ‘Balanced diet’ and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), and increase your energy output by doing regular exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life) for at least 30 min a day. This diet can be used successfully by the entire family. The members who do not need to lose weight or who are very active can have larger portions of the permitted foods.

1
Posted by: DietDoc | 2010-06-29

Dear TB