Posted by: LC | 2009-08-06

Weight gaining when stop breastfeeding????

Hi, my baby will be 2 years old next week and I want to stop breastfeeding. After birth I lost all my pregnancy weight with breastfeeding but after 2 months I gained all the weight, actually I can say that in my life I was never as fat as now, if I pick up another 4 kilo' s I will be 9 months pregnant again. I went to the doctor and was diagnosed with an underactive thyroid. Well I am still using medication and the thyroid is under control, but still no weight loss. Now I want to stop breastfeeding and wanted to find out if I am going the gain more weight or am I going to loose it this time, is a bit scared, no matter what I do I can' t loose this weight and it' s bringing me down. Please help!!!!

Dear LC
Stopping breastfeeding will probably not cause more weight gain. Are you eating right and getting some exercise daily? Also check your insulin and blood glucose levels.