Question
Posted by: Hannelie | 2010-03-11

Weight gain - Zoladex inplant - Breastcancer

Good day. please can you give me any advice on how to get rid of the extra kg. Im on Zoladex for 5 years because of my breastcancer and that cause me to pick up a lot of weight. I tried everything but still putting om weight. PLEASE HELP!

Dear Hannelie
My copy of MIMS lists tiredness and weight gain as 2 of the many side-effects associated with Zoladex implants. If you have already tried slimming diets and possibly also exercise, then I am also at a loss because you cannot do without the implants which are combatting your breast cancer. It may help to discuss with the oncologist who is treating you, if you are allowed to do exercise (possibly less strenuous exercise like going for walks or swimming or yoga) to help to combat the effects of the treatment. But please only do exercise if your doctor approves it.
Holding thumbs that you will start losing some weight with the exercise.

1
Posted by: DietDoc | 2010-03-11

Dear Hannelie