Question
Posted by: Adi | 2012/08/20

Weight Gain is too hard ?

Hey !!

This is Adi. I am 23 years old male. My height is 5''8"  and my weight is just 50Kg. I have seen people asking questions that why is it difficult to loose the weight after specific weight loss. But I have not seen good answers on how to gain weight naturally. I don''t want to go for Proteins and all that stuff available in market as they have their side-effects.

I would really appreciate if you would please answer to this question as there is a major community looking for weight gain but no good answers are available on this topic.

hoping for positive revert.

Thanks and Regards -

Adi

Dear Adi
If your height in cm is 173 cm and you weigh only 50 kg, then your BMI = 16.7, which is dangerously low. An adult man of your height and a normal BMI of 23, would need to weigh 69 kg, which is indeed a great deal of weight to gain. If your metabolism is very fast, then it may be a good idea to have your gp check your thyroid function as an overactive thyroid can cause pronounced weight loss and prevent weight gain. Gaining weight is just as problematic as trying to lose it. Basically individuals who struggle to gain weight do not ingest sufficient energy for the high demands of their Basic metabolic rate and/or physical activity. I have written some articles on this subject. For basic information click on 'Diet & Nutrition' at the top of this page and then on 'Nutrition Basics' and 'Weight gaining' and read the articles. Companies like Nestle, among others, make meal replacement supplements - these are totally different to the weight-gain and muscle growth products used by body builders and athletes who want to increase muscles powder. Such meal replacement supplements like Ensure, have been formulated to treat very sick patients, so they should not have any side-effects. Phone the Nestle Consumer Services at 0860 09 6789 and ask about Nutritional Supplements to boost your energy intake. You can purchase liquid meal supplements at most chemist shops. Talk to the pharmacist about your need to gain weight and see which products he or she will recommend. Just mention that you are NOT interested in the sports supplements that contain a whole lot of ingredients that can be potentially harmful. Basically you need to eat more food either by gradually increasing how much you eat at each meal, or by taking supplements IN ADDITION to your regular meals (not to replace meals), or by having more snacks between meals. If you use a liquid meal supplement at the rate of 200 ml 3x a day, then you should gain 1 kg per week. Feedback from other Readers has indicated that they have successfully gained weight by using a meal supplement.

3
Posted by: Ablaye | 2012/09/15

What an enjoyable (and may I say ifghsitnul) read! You may not know it, but this post of yours gave me so many realizations. I wonder if it occurs to you and other people, too, but there are times when I get wonderful ideas from things that donâ € ™ t have anything to do at all with whatâ € ™ s in my mind. On a different note, I read a lot of blogs, itâ € ™ s what I do before I head off to the gym, and I canâ € ™ t believe some of the trash that some people are putting out, like a magic bullet for this, and a so-called-secret for that. Like in the topic of body-building, Iâ € ™ ve read quite a number of blogs that talk about products that make building muscles almost instantaneous! Imagine, bodybuilding without breaking a sweat?! Come on! At the very least you need to have a workout program which you will actually follow! Now Iâ € ™ m ranting, sorry. Iâ € ™ ll look around your blog some more before heading to another one.

Reply to Ablaye
Posted by: grietjie | 2012/08/22

Ek verneem graag of dit waar is dat KANEEL se toekoms, op winkelrakke, bedreig word en moontlik in die toekoms, slegs in apteke beskikbaar gaan wees.

Klink vir my na ''n wolhaar storie.

Dankie vir u aandag hieraan

Reply to grietjie

Dear Adi