Weight Gain / Hormonal?

I need help please.

I went off my pill after I was sterilised and my weight dropped by 12 kgs in 4 months and for the 1st time in my life I was my goal weight.

Now 2 years later the 12kgs is back (within the last 6 months I gained it all) despite me starting to gym 8 months ago and I did a lifestyle change of eating better.

I dont sleep well. I know I am anemic. I bleed 9-12 days of the month (used to be 4) and even though I take iron supplements, my anemia persists.

Is my weight gain hormonal? What can I do to fix it as I am already doing everything you told to in order to loose weight or maintain weight and stay healthy.

There has to be something wrong.

PS : thyroid tests came back normal

Dear Angie (Anonymous)
It is possible that your weight gain is hormonal seeing that you initially lost weight when you came off the pill. I would urge you to consult a gynaecologist a) to check your hormone levels, b) to help you with this excessive blood loss due to your long menstruation. Discuss all the problems you are experiencing, namely the weight gain, insomnia and your inability to cure the anaemia with the gynae. Keep in mind that the following foods are good sources of readily available iron: red meat, liver, fish, poultry, egg yolk, iron-fortified bread, cereals and maize meal and dried fruit such as raisins.

Good day
After I got married I gained sum weight. I jog or cycle 5 days per week, eat healthy and still I can’ t seem to lose weight. I know that mussel wais more than fat, so I measured myself and I am still the same. What can I do to lose the extra weight?
Please advice