Question
Posted by: Stephanie | 2009-01-08

Weight gain caused by the pill

Hi Doc,

I began taking Yasmin about 7 months ago. I used to be a slim 48kgs. After a month I gained 9kgs and then stabilised. When I didn' t lose the weight after 4 cycles of use, my GP put me on Femodene, within 3 weeks I had gained another 3kgs and again my weight stayed there (60 kgs by then). My thyroid was tested and it' s working fine. After 3 cycles on Femodene my GP put me on Nordette, within 5 days I have already gained 3 kgs. I have gone up 3 clothing sizes during this time, despite normal eating and moderate exercise. Do you have any suggestions? I' m getting desperate!

Try a differnt type of contraception, not the Pill.

2
Posted by: stormy11 | 2009-01-08

im on triphasil and i gained 3kgs and i only started using on the 22 of december 2008. eish i think we just have to embrace hunger

Reply to stormy11
Posted by: fatty | 2009-01-08

hi Steph

Same problem here i was weighing 59kg,then used the those pills &  i now weigh 82kg i am battling to loose it, i dont know what to do( i also need help.maybe go see dietician because i did it helped but it is difficult for me to keep up to it cause i used to eat almost anything and not gain weight.

Reply to fatty