Question
Posted by: Natasha | 2010/05/30

Weight gain And Anti - depressants

How do I shed the weight that was caused by taking a -|- tail of anti - depressants and antiphsychotics?

Dear Natasha
If I understand you correctly you have now stopped taking antidepressants and antipsychotics? I hope this is under medical supervision? Depression itself can cause pronounced weight gain, so please check this with your doctor. To lose weight you need to basically change your lifestyle. Reduce your energy intake by eating an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss', ‘Balanced diet’ and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), and increase your energy output by doing regular exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life) for at least 30 min a day. The exercise will not only help with weightloss, but also make you feel more positive.

1

Dear Natasha