Question
Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/06/02

Weight gain and Anti Dep Meds

I was just wondering how many people experienced weight gain on anti-depressant medication. I was on 20mg Lexamil and 20mg Cilift for a while (have cut donw now) and used to be 52kg. Now I' ve gone up to 58kg and not happy in my own skin anymore.

As I kep on saying almost all antidepressants CAN cause weight gain in SOME of those who take them, NONE cause it in everyone. Discuss this with the shrink or doc prescribing the meds, to find one that suits your depression and does not have this effec t in you, and meanwhile, attend to good diet and exercise as usual