Posted by: FRUSTRATED | 2009-02-27

I am 32 years old, 159m tall and weigh 55.4kg. I am on my diet prescribed by a dieticien and then I loose 0,5 to 1,3kg in the week. I go to gym 3-4 times a week and do a lot of cardio and resistance training. I weighed myself yesterday and I was 54.8kg and this morning I was up to 55.5kg. It happens every week and I dont get below 54.8kg. How is this possible?

Dear Frustrated
Your present BMI = 21,9 which is ideal for your height, so your body will automatically resist losing more weight. In addition you may be building muscle tissue with the resistance training and muscle tissue weighs more than fat tissue. Finally, a change from 54.8 to 55.5 (+0.7 kg) overnight is totally normal. Some people's weight varies by up to 3 kg per day between morning and evening and depending on the time of the month, water retention, etc. If you relax and stop worrying you will gradually lose a bit of weight. Just don't overdo your weightloss.

Posted by: Amanda | 2009-02-27

you are losing fat but gaining muscle! that is a good thing, remember muscle weighs more than fat, dont worry you are still losing " weight" .

Reply to Amanda