Question
Posted by: Brenda Batinti | 2012/09/06

weight gain after stopping smoking

I am 44 I have stopped smoking for 8 months after 15years. I am following the weighless diet plan and after 8 weeks I have gained weight instead of loosing.

Expert ImageStop Smoking Advice

Congratulations on your 8 months! That's a real gift of health to yourself, despite gaining weight. Most smokers who quit do gain on average about 3.5 to 5kg in the first year, but this is outweighed in health terms by the enormous benefits of quitting. It does seem especially unfair in your case though, given that you've also been on a diet! Please discuss with your doctor or dietician why you aren't losing weight, and ask your doctor about getting your thyroid checked if you haven't already.

1
Posted by: Stop Smoking Advice | 2012/09/13

Reply to Stop Smoking Advice