Posted by: Ellie | 2009-09-10

Weight Gain after miscarriage

I am 26, no children, went off birth control this year and had a miscarriage in June.

For the past month or so after that I have been putting on so much weight it' s ridiculous. I actually have a ' boepie' , my pants can' t close anymore. I did not eat my changing habits after miscarriage. In fact I have been very thin my whole life.

I have tried to go on a diet (even though I don' t eat so much to begin with) and exercise, but the weight is just piling on.

My periods have been normal after MC.

Why is this happening to me? Could it be from mixed up hormones after MC???

It is possible that some weight gain from the pregnancy remains, but you should not continue to gain weight because of the miscarriage.

Posted by: CC | 2009-09-11

Yes this could be from your body being confused - remember that you were pregnant then all of the sudden not pregnant. I had exactly the same problem, I miscarried then fell pregnant 3 months afterwards and also miscarried, then fell pregnant straight away, carried to term - so in effect, I was pregnant on and off for 23 months, my lo is now 3 years old and I am still battling to loose the bulge!! Good Luck

Reply to CC
Posted by: Ellie | 2009-09-10

Sorry I meant I did not change my eating habits lol..

Reply to Ellie