Question
Posted by: Zoë  | 2011/11/26

Weight gain after mirena

I had a mirena inserted 7 months ago and picked up 6kg in 3 weeks and I am battling to loose it. I have not had megraine since and my periods also sort of stopped-3 cycles in 7 months only 1 day-which is great but now i am battling to loose weight. Have been overweight most of my life(about 15kg). How do I naturally lower progestefone?

There is no way of naturally loweing progesterone. The Mirena secretes progesterone locally so should not really affect your weight. The only way to lose weight is with a proper diet and exercise program.