Question
Posted by: Adri | 2012-10-30

weight gain

I am using hormone medication for menopause gaining weight, I do not eat large meals, and no rice, bread etc

Dear Adri
It is unfortunate that some women tend to gain weight when they enter the menopause, while others tend to lose weight. If you have the tendency to weight gain, then I can only suggest that you discuss this problem with your gynaecologist because in some cases, hormone replacement therapy may be responsible for the weight gain. To lose weight you need to basically change your lifestyle. Reduce your energy intake by eating an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet & Nutrition' at the top of this page, then on 'Healthy Diets' and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), and increase your energy output by doing regular exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life).

1
Posted by: DietDoc | 2012-10-30

Dear Adri