Question
Posted by: Ferre | 2012/07/24

Weight gain

I would like to ask how safe are the growth hormone injections. I am trying to gain weight but a friend recomended that.
Regards,

Dear Ferre
Growth hormone injections should only be used for medically identified problems. I don't know what type of injections you are contemplating? The s-called HCG injections can in fact be most harmful. Please do NOT start using these injections unless a medical doctor has prescribed them and will administer them to you. HCG stands for Human Chorionic Gonadotropin Hormone, and medications for the replacement of HCG are available with a doctor's prescription. They are usually used for women who are struggling to fall pregnant and men who need to increase their sperm count. The use of HCG injections for other purposes is highly controversial. I have written some articles on the subject of weight gaining by means of dietary adjustments. For basic information click on 'Diet & Nutrition' at the top of this page and then on 'Nutrition Basics' and 'Weight gaining' and read the articles. Companies like Nestle, among others, make meal replacement supplements. Phone the Nestle Consumer Services at 0860 09 6789 and ask about Nutritional Supplements to boost your energy intake. You can purchase liquid meal supplements at most chemist shops. Talk to the pharmacist about your need to gain weight and see which products he or she will recommend. Basically you need to eat more food either by gradually increasing how much you eat at each meal, or by taking supplements IN ADDITION to your regular meals (not to replace meals), or by having more snacks between meals. If you use a liquid meal supplement at the rate of 200 ml 3x a day, then you should gain 1 kg per week. Feedback from other Readers has indicated that they have successfully gained weight by using a meal supplement. This is probably a safer method of increasing your weight than to use growth hormone injections.

1

Dear Ferre