Question
Posted by: Angel | 2010/10/19

Weight gain

Diet Doc
I have seen tips and diet on weight gain on H24. i need to start immidiately. am too skinny for my age(33). i dont like my body, my face is even worse the 1st thing u see when u greet me it''s my cheek bones. this takes away my confidence.

my two questions are:
1.Can i gain weight even when am breastfeeding? am currently am breastfeeding.

2. Can i take supplements(Nestle Nutren with fibre) and the weight gain at the same time?

Dear Angel
Congratulations on the birth of your baby and the fact that you are breastfeeding. This is one of the most valuable gifts you can give your little one which will have a positive effect on the rest of his/her life. To answer both your questions: Breastfeeding does make additional energy demands on the mother, but it is possible to gain weight when you are breastfeeding if you increase your energy intake by eating more and using a meal supplement like the Nestle Nutren with fibre. It may take a bit longer than in people who are not breastfeeding, but if you use a liquid meal supplement at the rate of 200 ml 3x a day, then you should gain between 0,5 to 1 kg per week, as reported by other Readers.
If your face is very emaciated you could also consider consulting a Dermatologist to discuss the use of fillers to build up those areas of your face that had lost too much fat tissue.

2
Posted by: Angel | 2010/10/20

Thanks for your response, it''s really posetive.

Reply to Angel

Dear Angel