Question
Posted by: Renny | 2010/09/21

Weight Gain

About a year ago my GP put me onto Remeron to help me sleep, i wasn''t informed that the main side affect of the pills was weight gain, i ended up picking up 15kgs before i put 2 and 2 together and then i immediately weaned myself off the pills in May. I have only managed to lose 4kgs since then (4 months), i have been going to gym twice a week and eating healthy (following a plan given to me by a dietician) but the weight is still not coming off.

is there anything else that i can do or am i doomed to lose only a kilo a month?

Hallo Renny
Losing slowly is actually better although it is sometimes very difficult to stay motivated. It may help if you cut your carbohydrates to 3 portions a day and increase your low GI vegetables (usually the green and white ones like broccoli, baby marrow, cauliflower, spinach, beans). Also try to do low impact exercise daily - 30 minutes of fast walking is fine.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/09/21

Hallo Renny