Posted by: ss | 2009-02-06

Weight Gain

Please help!!

I have been on a diet for 2 weeeks now eating muslie (abt 1/4)and low fat youghurt for breakfast. have a fruit in between then luch is mostly green salad and tuna or chicken. then I have dinner that consists of meat and salad or chicken and salad or fish and salad cooked with about tsp of olive oil and water salt and pepper to tast. I do have 3 cups of coffee a day with 1 tsp sugar, then from about 12pm I have water and a glass of cooldrink at home.

this is healthier that I have been eating before but have picked up 3 kgs in these 2 weeks and cant understand why? please help.

Dear SS
The diet you describe should result in weightloss. However you have not provided me with your present weight in kg and height in metres so that I can calculated your BMI to judge if you are overweight or not. If like the previous Reader your weight is already in the normal range then your body will resist further weightloss. If you are genuinely overweight then it may help to start doing some daily exercise like brisk walking, cycling or swimming for about 30 min a day. If you are a woman then this 3 kg weight increase can also be due to hormonal fluctuations which can cause water retention. Give the diet another week or so, add the exercise and if after 14 days you have still not lost any weight, then ask your dr to check for hormone imbalances (female hormones, thyroid and insulin).

Posted by: Kelly | 2009-02-06

you are losing FAT and gaining muscle that is why you are heavier on the scale, dont panic, its normal, you should start seeing a huge difference in your clothes!

Reply to Kelly
Posted by: ss | 2009-02-06

Sorry did not add in my height and weight.

age 28 height 1.6m weight......... 57.4. started off at 54.8. I really dont know what to do. oh yes and I have been excersising every 2nd night. 20 sit ups 20 leg presses each side 10 push ups lol thats the hard part lol

Reply to ss