Posted by: TINY | 2009-01-27

weight gain

I just never seem to have an appetite , which results in me not eating when i should and not eating healthy. This results in me not being able to gain weight and leaves me thin and tiny. I would love to gain more weight ecspecially now that im heading for my late 20' s and being a mom of a four yr old. People who dont know me thinks im 15yrs old cause im so thin and tiny. I desperatly wants to gain weight and live a healthy lifestyle but my appetite just won' t come to the party and this frustrates me a lot.What could be the problem and what can i use for me to have an active appetite..PLEASE HELP IM VERY DESPERATE &  FRUSTRATED!!!

Dear Tiny
If you have no appetite I would recommend that you have a medical checkup to see if are suffering from any underlying physical or psychological condition that suppresses the appetite. For example, depression can cause severe loss of appetite. Once you have a diagnosis and have received treatment to improve your appetite you can apply the advice contained in the various articles I have written on weight gaining. Click on 'Diet' at the top of this page and then on 'Diet Basics' and 'Weight gaining' to access the articles.
I hope you can discover that is suppressing your appetite and then get to gain some weight.