Question
Posted by: mom2K | 2008/07/18

weight gain

hi Doc
its me again, yesterday i went to a Dischem nearby to get Fresubin or Nutren, when i got to Dischem i was told they no longer stock the product, so it was suggested i check another pharmacy still at the centre,also they had no idea of what i wanted,so iwent back to Dischem to take Nutren instead,so when i asked one of the sisters working there she said Nutren wouldnt help me to gain weight and that she suggested i take LifeGain advanced supplement, i bougt the tin, but now i want to know has she thrown me offtrack or is this thing going to help me as well, im confused now, also where can i gt this Fresubin coz two pharmacies ive been to dont have it. please help

Dear Mom2K
I am sorry to hear that you have had a problem finding Fresubin. This is the problem with large pharmacy chains like Dischem - they tend to stock only those products that they get a good discount on. I get just as frustrated with them when I try to obtain a variety of pharmaceutical products, from bath oil to skin cream. However, as I may have mentioned to you before, do try and phone Fresenius on (011) 545-0000, or the Nestle Consumer Services at 0860 09 6789 and ask about their Nutritional Supplements to boost your energy intake AND where you can buy them in your area. I am not acquainted with LifeGain but I did look it up on the Internet and one serving of 30g provides about 550 kJ. Fresubin, with or without fibre, will supply 420 kJ per 100 ml so if you take 3 x 200 ml per day you will ingest an extra 2520 kJ per day which is certainly more than the 550 kJ from the LifeGain. Nestle Nutren will provide exactly the same amount of energy (2520 kJ if you have 3 x 200 ml per day) as the Fresubin. So I do think it worthwhile to phone the companies and ask them where their products can be purchased in your town or city.

1
Posted by: MepeUseli | 2011/01/08

I begin on internet with a directory

Reply to MepeUseli