Question
Posted by: Eish | 2008/06/22

weight gain

Hi doc,

How do I help my husband to gain some weight? He is very skinny and I would like to help him gain a lot of weight in a healthy way, I don't want to give him all of that funny stuff that bodybuilders use, just normal stuff. But I don't want him to know about it, because I don't want him to feel bad you know. Please give me some tips on how to let my husband gain atleast 15kg.

Thank you!

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

You will have to ensure that your husband eats four balanced meals per day, which can include some fatty foods. It will be difficult for him not to notice that you are trying to increase his weight because I will suggest that he uses supplements, like bulk-up milkshakes between meals. I also recommend that he consults a doctor, to have his thyroid and sugar levels tested.

Kind regards