Question
Posted by: C Brand | 2010/02/04

Weight Circuit vs Aerobics Class

Hello Doc

I am/was an VERY overweight women. I have to date lost 24kg &  have started going to gym. I would like to know what you recomend for toning cause I have a lot of wiggly parts!!!

I love the dance 4 fitness &  the bootcamp class &  although the circuit is ok it does not get me as excited at the classes. Is it ok if I do the classes &  will I get the same results?

I have a 4 year old son &  a 10-month old baby &  I can only spare 1 hour 3 times a week so I need to get the best deal there is.

WHAT DO YOU RECOMEND??????

Thanks!

Hi Carika

Well done so far! I think you just need to keep your focus, keep it up, because you're on the right track and you've achieved a lot so far. There's no need to make changes, just to consolidate what you are doing.

As for toning, when you join the gym, you should receive a consultation which includes a training programme? That would be a starting point, but you seem to have found activities that you enjoy, and that's always the most important thing. If you don't enjoy it, you won't do it, and so find what you enjoy and then just enjoy it! The bootcamp and dance classes will help, I've no doubt.

1
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2010/02/05

Hi Carika

Reply to fitnessdoc