Question
Posted by: annoyed | 2010-07-24

weight and functionality

hi dietdoc

firstly, thank you for your time in reading this.
i am a female in my 20''s with a BMI of 15. Everyone around me is " concerned"  and keep bugging me about my weight. I had a bonescan done, all fine, blood tests, all fine.

surely if my body is functioning properly these people should mind their own business? i dont want to pick up weight anyway. surely i can carry on like this..?please reassure me. society expects us to always look a certain way: if i was slightly overweight nobody would say anything!

thanks

Your argument does hold water but I do suggest that you contact a doctor and ask him/her to evaluate your health and assess if you are in fact underweight with possible negative detrament to your health.

A BMI of 15 is very low and should be between 18 and 25.