Question
Posted by: Shelley | 2011-07-01

Weight a problem?

Hi GyaneDoc

Please can you help with some advise. I am 17 weeks pregnant and gained 6.5kgs, i have been told to watch my weight as I am gaining too much. My first trimester I was so ill I could stomach food properly and gained 3kgs which i dont understand as there was nothing to weight on. I have always been super fit and with falling pregnant i obviously cant go back to my normal exercise routine which consisted of high impact toning. I go to the gym but for only 30min and do low impact exercises like cycling and walking. I have felt that if I start to overdue the traning I get abs pains which I am very causious about as I dont want to put my pregnancy in any danger. According to my scan my baby is growing very healthy and my due date has move forward by 4 days due to the scan measurements and I am not a person for junk unhealthy foods? I dont understand why I am gaining so much, what could be the problem - could it be water retension? I need some advis here as I am not willing to go on a diet while I am pregnant as I want a healthy baby and I eat healthy anyway.

If you are eating healthily, then that is fine. It could be that the baby is bigger than average or that you are carrying more amniotic fluid. Water retention is also a possibility.

1
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2011-07-04